All I wanted to see was how many potentially unwanted or malicious programs could be installed.
Here’s the complete re-production of foistware attack:
- "Welcome to the UniPDF Converter installation… UniPDF performs accurate conversion from PDF files to word documents…"
- "Welcome to the Windows Cleaner Installation… is a fast, efficient and powerful system optimizer…"
- "Welcome to the Ainishare Free Audio Editor Installation… converts audios file in popular formats, rip Audio CD…"
- "Welcome to the Docks Installation. … the most popular free dock for Windows…"
- "Downloading from Freenew.net… IObit Uninstaller 4.1"
- "Welcome to the AccelerateTab Installation… An extension application of browser…"
- "Setup – Windows Cleaner…. Install the Vtools Toolbar by Spigot… Set Yahoo! as my default search engine… Install the Savings-Slider, Domain Error Assistant, Ebay Shopping Assistant, Amazon Shopping Assistant… by Spigot… Savings-Slider is ad-supported software… Set my homepage and startup option to Yahoo!"
- "BetterMarkIt is a revolutionary new tool…"
- GiliSoft’s "Play Free Games" (Free Win Disk Clean Up; URL, upgrading-center.com/games.html)
- GiliSoft’s "Sexual Encounters" (URL, http://www.xxoomovie%5BDOT%5Dcom/dating-pop-lp2)
- GiliSoft’s "Upgrade Video Player" (URL, themedia-player[DOT]com/vlc/lp/?pid=15134)
- Flv Player (AKA, Ainishare Free Center)
- An unknown DocToPDFConverter (v126.96.36.199)
- Additionally, I found freecenterlite, PlumoWeb, RapidWebIE installed into my programs list.
Info about my download: VT documention
|Detection ratio:||11 / 56|