Can you uninstall Origin without uninstalling your installed games (e.g., The Sims 3, Battlefield 4, etc.)? Or, you just want to completely uninstall Origin on your computer?
We’ve got an all-in-one solution for you! Classic uninstall methods, such as Windows’ "Add or Remove Programs" ("Uninstall or change a program"), Mac’s "Move to Trash", won’t be able to uninstall Origin fully & very efficiently. In the meanwhile, if, your digital world does not rely on too many (pre-)installed projects and some could not integrate with the programs list, they can have the reverse impact on your system performance even web security. Turns out that, a well run uninstall tool PRO is the must-have key to managing your installed apps or applications. For those clear reasons, we thought that you will be interested on trying the internet’s two most advanced uninstaller programs. Have a look, choose one that perfectly works for you, and give our risk-free recommendation a go! Get the most of this know-how and keep badware at bay! Learn more.
Just… get prepared before taking actions!
Origin, developed by Electronic Arts Inc., is a simple, but very powerful gaming platform. With Origin, you can easily:
- get great names like Dragon Age, FIFA 16 within few seconds;
- get safe, deep coupon, discounts and/or other deals the fast way;
- request & get your (potential) refunds for any purchase on Origin without difficulty nor drama.
- find & enjoy newly released or hot FREE titleS.
- Fasten the official downloads, upgrades/patches and cloud based saves, and many more.
- Team up against Boss! Discuss your favorite games!
- Many more…
One more thing, backing up your personal data will help securely uninstall Origin for Windows, if you want to reuse/re-install it later. Now, you can follow the given information graphic below:
- Open "This PC" or "My Computer".
- Temporarily unhide system’s protected stuff. Remember to undo this change in your Windows.
- Go to "Local Disk (C: )" (system disk), enter the following ProgramData folder, and select Origin in it, and then open a file folder named DownloadCache. View the following image for future reference.
- Locate and copy all items named example123.file_crcs, save them somewhere you prefer.
By the way, to fully uninstall Origin agent for PC, you should consider ridding of the following installations, as they have been installed along with Origin, according to the latest test on my own:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 & x86 Redistributable – 10.0.40219
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64 & x86) – 12.0.30501
How to Uninstall Origin?
The following proven details are almost perfect for taking your computer skills to next level, as well as re-exploring the various types of instructions available. Because there are many regular computer users that would consider performing the uninstall of Origin manually however, this move can be difficult if you can’t adapt to the ways of making proper changes to Windows’ filesystem & Registry Editor, and/or Mac’s Library folder. Or, you can choose to meet an uninstall tool that will let you uninstall Origin the most time-saving way.
Part 1: Uninstall the Origin for Mac
If you’re a Mac user, it might be easy to get Origin un-installed:
- Save everything you want to use later.
- Find the running Origin for Mac in the Dock, right click on it, and then launch Quit.
- Go back to your desktop, choose the Go entry, then enter Applications folder in it.
- Or you can locate the Mac version of Origin this way: select Computer instead, input "Ori" without quotation marks > choose 2nd Origin > right click on it > launch the option "Show in Enclosing Folder".
- You should be able to uninstall Origin on your Mac launching the traditional option "Move Trash".
- Save your work, and then reboot your Apple.
- To get the most out of the power of Mac, you had better also detect and clean those potentially invisible EA or Origin related remains. That’s to say, you will need to search then manually erase those unused traces, e.g., com.ea.Origin.plist in the "Library – Preferences", so you can uninstall Origin thoroughly.
Have you ever wondered how to delete Origin from Mac’s "Login Items"? The process might be easy, and it ( * owning a fast Mac system) won’t happen unless you take the following steps:
- Hit your own desktop.
- Enter the said Go folder.
- Choose Computer.
- Input "sys" without quotation marks, as usual; and then double click on the following System Preferences when the search results come up.
- Run Users & Group.
- Open the "Login Items" tab. Locate the wanted Origin in the list, then you hit the Minus icon. This helps "softly" uninstall Origin on your Mac, and maintain your system performance as well.
- You can direct shut down the "Users & Group" then.
- Restart your system and check out the change U made to your device.
Part 2: Uninstall an Origin agent on a Windows based computer
I: Uninstall the Origin v220.127.116.11352 for Windows 10
Tip: You can take advantage of the given step-by-step guide below to uninstall Origin on your own Windows 8 (8.1) & 7.
- Save your online activities, then quit Origin client.
- Click on the white Windows icon in taskbar, hit the "All apps" link, look into the following Group O, and enter the Origin file folder, and then right click on the main app Origin, finally launch the option "Uninstall" on the menu.
- Locate the target app Origin in your own "Uninstall or change a program" list, press the Enter key or, you launch Windows’ own Uninstall option in the list.
- To uninstall Origin automatically, you then press the Uninstall button on the following "Origin Uninstall" wizard.
- Please wait while Origin is un-installing itself.
- Now, exit the said "Origin Uninstall Setup".
- Refresh your program settings menu. Feel free to erase the afore-mentioned two "C++" applications from Microsoft in order to uninstall Origin completely.
- Moreover, please remember to NOT modify your system in any way to ensure your OS works properly, if you’re still new to modifying Windows.
II: Un-install the Origin for Windows 8
So far, I am sharing a different tip about uninstalling Origin client. After reading the following steps you’d be able to get rid of Origin the fastest way possible:
- Right click on Origin’s shortcut file on yr desktop; choose "Open file location" option on yr right-click menu.
- Highlight the following OriginUninstall application (1,104 KB); right click on it and select the option "Run as administrator".
- Select the option "Yes" from the User Account Control alert below to proceed the express Origin removal.
- So you’ve read the "How to Uninstall Origin for Windows 10" part and, came across little trouble? Then, please perform the accompanying actions and complete the standard Origin uninstall process.
- You can ignore an error box, saying "Origin installation requires an internet connection, blah blah…", during the process.
- Quit the "Origin Uninstall" then.
- So… let’s face it: we all want a clutter-free computer. Sometimes we want it so much we even think about upgrading more computer memory, or buying a new PC. I’ve said it above, and I’ll say it again: do not do it unless you have tried to erase the possibly unused TWO C++ applications in your programs list. Well, getting rid of PUPs is another proven shortcut to boosting your system perform for free! If you’re about to do so, please try uninstalling the 2013 version of Microsoft Visual first.
II: Un-install the Origin client on Win 7
You are still fond of detailed manual uninstall instructions for Origin? View the following vid. And, a thorough uninstall of Origin means you’ll have fewer junkware to clean!
- Hit Windows 7’s Start Orb in your own taskbar.
- Hit d "All Programs" link.
- Enter the following Origin file folder on yr own Start menu. Remember: run d the following "Uninstall Origin" application as the adminstrator.
- Do not forget to review the given parts above, if you still have trouble performing the express un-install of Origin.
Extra Security Tips of the Week
Well, I just came across a malicious "Landing Page"@ http://downloadape%5Bdot%5Dorg/origin/win?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US+-+Origin&utm_term=origin+download&utm_content=Origin+B while sharing this "Origin Uninstall Guide".
Technologically, it is also known as an "adware attack". You might be able to find more similar sites/ sponsored searches (links)/ promoted ads like the one I got above.
Download Origin or something else now?!
- Origin Setup.exe: MD5, f75980732277c7f4aa760f46bb28523d; detection ratio, 10 / 56
- Digital Signatures: Fast Installer (Install Manager Limited)
- Detected sponsorware: WarThunder, "StormFall Age of War";
Worse still, here’s another highly recommended riskware from DriverUpdate.net I found.
So… you might wish to say "Thank You" only when you want to get StormFall/ WarThunder installed. More? Say Yes to the following "Thank You For Installing | DownloadApe org" page. You will be able to add Driver Support to your programs list soon.
See? Quite often, cybercriminals are pesky & aggressive, operating under a veil of secrecy to gain access to your personal data, your operating system ( * needless to mention, the Startup, the Schedule, the Homepage are the frequent targets for cyberbullies) your e-business and even your costumers — however, with the right data and threat intelligence, at least your digital world even your own small organization can proactively strategize against these pesky thieves or threats on the web.
Your personal data like PII will still face an increasingly complex set of threats — and although there is no one security measure that can 100% prevent all malicious attacks, there are some that provide broad-based mitigation against a number of them.
Closing words: This happened before, and this will definitely happen again, if you do not take care of your mouse.
Now you: how do you uninstall Origin? Please take some moments and review the attempts you made to get Origin installed, because…
An uninstaller (aka, UnInstaller, an idea from Jack Bicer, just BTW), … is the opposite of an installer.
Interested in a particular topic? Drop us a line at http://iuninstall.freeforums.net/ to let us know what you’d like to see covered. Do you have a friend who would benefit from this how-to? Let them know by sharing this Origin removal guide, just by d way!🙂 All the best!