What is the well-known trick to uninstall Fitbit Connect CLIENT? Oh, yeap, running the official Fitbit Connect OFFLINE installer, such as FitbitConnect_Win_20150911_188.8.131.5212.exe ( SHA256, 30e2c59c8fd0aabe1080b628b62cb73ff7be5aabac368fdd1f6d5937e634a90a ), as the administrator user will help get past some little-known error message, and then rid of the unwanted or problematic installation of Fitbit Connect directly.
At least… that said executable file supports for the Mac version of Fitbit at the time of contributing this troubleshooting story to our iWinPage. Whether you know (like) it or not, trick is trick. That word won’t always work, if you downloaded and installed multiple copies of Fitbit Connect at a time (Please, do not tempt to try it on your real operating system.). For example, you got the "Fitbit Connect for Windows 10" app installed through Windows Store, then you will find you are having problem uninstalling that app by downloading and running the afore-mentioned Fitbit Connect full standalone offline installer.
In this issue, you will learn how to:
- uninstall the Mac version of Fitbit Connect the incorrect way
- uninstall the Fitbit Connect APP for Windows 10
- uninstall Fitbit Connect AGENT through the Control Panel in Windows 10, 8 and 7
- save your personal data on Fitbit’s servers – if you’re planning to move those stuff to other fitness, weight-loss and/or health related app, e.g., Zenobase, Charity Miles, etc.
What’s the surefire way to get off Fitbit Connect for Mac thoroughly?
Despite Mac powered computers becoming yet another crucial part of our personal and/or professional lives, lots of starters still struggle to understand how to uninstall Fitbit Connect with success, and how to utilize Activity Monitor and/or a must-have app master (attached below) in order to hugely stimulate improvements in computer security, system performance and Internet privacy. Now, avoid being "victims" of an half-uninstalled Fitbit Connect – the WRONG way to uninstall Fitbit Connect for Mac:
- Ignore the following "No internet connection found" info box, if you’re also reading that window.
- Locate the running fitness app, right click on its logo in your own Dock, and launch the Quit option on the menu.
- Check out your Applications file folder, right click on the target app, then launch the "Move to Trash" option on the right-click menu.
- Provide the Mac password you set with the following Finder application.
- Close the Applications folder. Save all of your stuff. Reboot your OS X Yosemite.
- Last but not least, you may manually stop Fitbit Connect Menubar Helper from ever running with your Mac at any time by removing that component from " Login Items" pane under "Users & Groups" later.
How to Uninstall Fitbit Connect from Your Own Windows?
Uninstalling the "Fitbit Connect app for Windows 10"
- Remove your own "Wireless Sync Dongle" properly.
- Hit the Close icon on the said Fitbit Connect’s main GUI.
- Input apps & fe into the search bar, choose "Apps & features" from the results list.
- Wait a bit while your apps list is loading. Then hit the following Fitbit entry, press the Uninstall tab, and then hit the 2nd Uninstall tab to continue with the default uninstallation process.
- You should be able to uninstall Fitbit Connect requiring zero further actions.
Uninstalling the Fitbit Connect agent from your programs list under Control Panel
- Quit the open Fitbit Connect client.
- You can open the Control Panel on your desktop, provided that you’ve saved that part of Windows graphical user interface on your display. Then, visit the "Uninstall a program" portion in the listed settings.
- Locate the following Fitbit Connect (v184.108.40.20642). Then, launch the Uninstall option in the programs list or, you press the Enter key directly.
- In order to proceed with the default uninstall wizard, hit the Yes button on the following "Programs & Features" info box.
- Select the Yes option from the UAC alert below to verify that you want to clear the install of Fitbit Connect on your computer.
- Please sit tight while your 10 system removes Fitbit Connect client its way.
Uninstalling Fitbit Connect on Windows 8 & 7
To get the task done, you only need to perform similar actions toward the target object: Fitbit Connect in your "Uninstall or change a program" list. Make the best of Control Panel, then Windows Installer should take care of the rest.
For newbies, please view the following tutorial video for detailed instructions to un-install the Fitbit Connect manually.
Few Steps for Downloading Your Fitbit Data to Local Computer
- Pay a visit to Fitbit official website at fitbit dot com .
- Hit the following compressor icon on right top handof the main page. Then click on the "Log in" link on the menu.
- Then you can use your Google/ Facebook Account to access your Fitbit profile. Or you input your registration details on the Fitbit Login page below.
- Once you have successfully logged in, please hit the gear icon, press the Settings entry, then click on the "Data Export" section on the left pane, later.
- Or, you can also copy and paste this location fitbit.com/user/profile/data into the browser address bar, then you press the Enter key.
- Check the "Custom" option, choose the start time and the end time; save all of your preferred fitness data, from body to daily foods and to sleep; choose a proper file format that you can open using an office software later. Finally, press the pink Download button.
- Click on the OK button when you see "Opening fitbit_export_(the date you chose for yourself).csv" window come up.
- Open the downloaded file by running a local office program. Ensure that you’ve saved all of data you want to reuse later.
- Move that file to a non-system disk to avoid data loss.
- Sign out your Fitbit Account. Then close the site.
(Credit: WeightHistory@ WordPress.com)
You have had more trouble with your operating system than with any other users? Where’s the ultimate troubleshooter, or problem resolver?
You do not have enough time and/or energy to do those things all yourself? In a frank manner, it could be very tough getting everything in your digital world sorted out in an efficient way. Aside from just your own core daily work there’s administration and many more other important stuff to deal with. Yes, we both have a limited amount of time in the day, and some items require many more attention. Then, some should be passed to an uninstall tool PRO so you can keep focusing. Choose an app manager that works for your operating system today!
- How to uninstall Fitbit from Mac – Fitbit Community
- Solved: Re: factory reset – Fitbit Community
- Solved: Cannot uninstall Fitbit Connect – Fitbit Community
PS: If you’ve read the original discussions at Fitbit Community, I’m about to reproduce the uninstall process separately:
1) 11 clicks to uninstall Fitbit Connect in your Mac system:
- Visit Fitbit official domain. Then browse the "Fitbit Setup" section.
- Choose the download that works for your own version of Mac OS.
- Check out the Downloads folder by running Finder in Dock.
- Double click on a .dmg file (disk image) named FitbitConnect_Mac_20151109_220.127.116.1161.dmg .
- Run an app named "Uninstall Fitbit Connect" in that file.
- Input your Mac password correctly to continue with the erasion of "Fitbit Connect daemon files".
- Quit that .DMG file when the uninstallation is done. Reinstall your Fitbit or, trash that .dmg file at your convenience.
2) Rid of the installation of Fitbit Connect for Windows by running the official setup file:
- Check out the said "Setup" page. Run your own downloaded Fitbit installer file using the admin rights.
- Apply the Yes option to the UAC alert you will see.
- Press the Next button on the "Fitbit Connect Setup" wizard below.
- Choose the given "Remove" option.
- Almost done… hit the Remove button on the said Setup window.
- Wait while that Setup removes your Fitbit Connect software.
- Exit that Setup when it get its job done.
PPS: As for the deletion of your Fitbit profile and/or Fitbit data, I kindly suggest that you send Fitbit Support Team an E-mail at the preferred time.