Welcome to qBittorrent uninstall guide! This post will walk you through the clean uninstallation of qBittorrent for Mac & Windows. Now before you know how to uninstall qBittorrent v3.3.7 on your Mac, you had better bear the below tip in mind at all times: you can run or use the Mac version of qBittorrent without installing it on your OS X. Additionally, it is also recommended that you now check and save all of your personal stuff, like say some shared torrents, downloads and alike, which will make it very possible to get the job done without having your important data lost. Now, you may follow the given instructions I’ve detailed:
Here is how you can rid of qBittorrent for Mac:
1. Head to the download location where you kept qBittorrent.
2. Run it and leave the app alone.
3. Now, hit your desktop, open up the Go folder and head to the Utilities folder on the menu.
4. Double-click Activity Monitor, then please take a close look at the Process Name tab, and then locate qBittorrent. Click on the i (Information) icon and head over to the "Open Files and Ports" afterwards.
5. Copy those listed items regarding the original "Output information", and paste them to the Mac version of Notes. This helps clean relevant app remains later.
6. Quit the software when ready.
7. And now, try detecting and removing junk for yourself. For some, instead of risking your Mac being crashed, you had better use our recommendation below.
If you think the Windows build of file sharing program was not removed, try proceeding with the following directions regarding how to uninstall qBittorrent v3.3.7 on Windows:
- hit the File menu, launch the embedded Exit option.
- Learn how to customize your desktop, and save Control Panel on your display later, and then open that settings up.
- Visit the Uninstall a program link.
- Locate your own installation in the programs list, e.g., the said v3.3.7, then hit the Uninstall tab or press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, simply click on the below Next > button when "qBittorrent (version info) Uninstall" wizard comes up.
- So it is truly important that you avoid any impact on the system performance, stability even security, where possible and practical. To do so, you undo changed rules in the Windows Firewall and erase those unwanted files & cached data.
- Press the Uninstall button when ready.
- Shut down the said Uninstall wizard when it completes your request.
- Try killing other hidden remains with fire. This optional step helps keep your operating system from becoming clogged with unwelcome junk.