You tried to uninstall Splashtop Personal, but failed? So depressing, right? If you completed the default installation of the app (for Mac), the traditional uninstall method (sending the app to the Trash) will not allow getting the job done. So you either need to get the official "cleanup tool" or figure out how to rid of that stubborn software yourself. However, there is troubleshooter in every trouble even troublemaker. I honestly hope you don’t have to bother to ask Google and/or other search engines so much. Below are the time-saving solutions. Head over to the one that works for your operating system.
In order to uninstall Splashtop Personal for Windows (10, 8, 7, even XP), try it out following the instructions below. Or, you run the recommended uninstall tool now if you’ve run into problems:
1. Save any personal stuff. Then, sign out your Splashtop Account.
2. Right-click on the Taskbar, have a look at the Processes tab when WTM shows up. Check the said section and terminate the running Splashtop Software Updater Service (32 bit) manually.
3. We kindly recommend that you save Control Panel on your own desktop, head over to "Uninstall a program" or the old "Add/Remove" portion afterwards.
4. Locate the target program, press Enter when ready. Or you can also launch the embedded Uninstall option on the programs list.
5. Now, you need to apply the option Yes to the below "Programs & Features" dialog box.
6. With your Admin access, allow the following 321c3e7.msi to go.
7. Please wait while your OS is proceeding your request.
8. For those who are running a Win7+ computer, I recommend refreshing your programs list – this ensures that you’ve uninstalled the aforementioned "Updater" item as well. You may do so by referencing the below screen shot.
You’re confused as to how to uninstall Splashtop Personal from your Mac? Below’s the most efficient option for cleaning up your mess:
- I’m afraid you need to re-download the troublemaker on your Mac by paying a visiting to this URL@ splashtop.com/downloads#pers_sec
- Choose the right file that works for your own OS X, like say, the 10.7+.
- Run your downloaded dmg file, e.g., the below one "Splashtop_Personal_v22.214.171.124.dmg"
- When you see the following Splashtop Personal file folder open, you’ll be good (best) to go: double-click on the 2nd item with a name "Uninstall Splashtop Personal".
- Enter your Mac password to continue with the removal process.
- You won’t get any further info or feedback regarding that. Just shut down the said folder. Check the Applications and Login items yourself.
Using the iPhone version of Splashtop? Refer to the following tips:
- Tap & hold down the icon of Splashtop Personal.
- After a few seconds your phone should start to "wiggle"
- Look closely at the X (Something like the “Close” or “Shut down” icon) that will appear next to the app.
- Tap the said "X" icon.
- Select "Delete" when ready.
Slide note: If you did not see any "X" appear, give the below steps a go: enter “Settings” > select “General” > land on "Restrictions", then enter the security code you set up > Turn off the option.
Running an iPad? Please view the video file below:
The following info would help you out if you’re annoying with the app for Android:
Settings -> Apps > we recommend stopping the app from running first > clear associated stuff like data & cache > launch the Uninstall option finally.
(Based on stackexchange.com)
You’re using a Windows Phone? Then I hope the following quotation helps:
From the list of installed apps, press and hold the one you want to get rid of.
When the system (your WP) pops up a menu, tap Uninstall. Verify you want to get rid of them (the said app by Splashtop Inc.).
(Based on anewdomain.net)