A clean uninstall of AVG AntiVirus for Mac can definitely improve the hard disk health on your computer, even boost your whole Mac performance without bothering so-called tech support men. In the meantime, running 2 or/even more antivirus protections can easily su*k precious resources from your device, and excessive accounts of junk like app remains can take up your disk space fast as well. Our test simply found that anyone who has very little knowledge of computer software and/or graphical user interface (GUI) should be able to deal with the task easily. Yeap, at least this is the case for the said free antivirus software by AVG Technologies. Nevermind those lengthy yet possibly useless troubleshooting posts on the web. We give you the lifesaver.
Below are easy-to-follow yet primary instructions to follow when trying to uninstall the AVG AntiVirus for Mac:
1. Log on as the root user or, like say the administrator for your Apple Mac system.
2. Hit your desktop, head to the below Go folder and then, choose the Applications sub-folder on the list.
3. To locate the unwanted AV fasts, press the A key on your keyboard. Double-click that icon when ready. Otherwise, you may also right-click on that app and launch the Open option on the menu.
4. Please hit the following AVG AntiVirus menu, take a close look at all of the options available, and then choose the embedded "Uninstall AVG AntiVirus…" option on the menu.
5. Now, simply press the below Continue button when the original AVG AntiVirus Uninstaller window comes up.
6. Correctly provide or input your Mac password to proceed with your removal request. Click on the blue OK or the Return key afterwards.
7. Sit tight until the uninstallation process is completed. Then you would see the below "Summary" window, exit that info box by clicking on the Finish button.
8. You may be able to find out how to perform junk detection & collection and leftovers cleaning at a later date. And, for efficiency and timing of PUP removal, we highly suggest that you try the following top-rated app remover now.