This post is an efficient troubleshooting blog post that provides the most cost-effective way for you to uninstall the Soundflower (by Cycling74) from your Mac system. If you experienced difficulty installing or uninstalling the said app, it is highly recommended that you run the attached Mac app uninstaller in this article, which also allows you to rid of any other undesired software easily.
1. The first step is to open your preferred browser for Mac, like say Google Chrome.
2. Copy the below URL@ support.shinywhitebox.com/hc/en-us/articles/202445314-Installing-Soundflower, and paste that link into the address bar and then, press the Return key on your keyboard.
3. By default, the original setup file Soundflower-1.6.6b.dmg can be loaded in the Downloads file folder.
4. Now, run Activitiy Monitor and check if the app is still running in the background. If so, note down all of the listed output information first and force the process to exit.
5. Close all existing opened yet unused windows manually. Navigate to the said Downloads folder, open up the dmg file and run the embedded Uninstall Soundflower.scpt in it.
6. Run Terminal. Enter the given instructions one by one. Note that the below actions require your Mac password or administrator prvileges:
- sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
- sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/Soundflower*
- sudo rm -rf /var/db/receipts/com.cycling74.soundflower.
- sudo rm -rf /Applications/Soundflower
7. Restarting your Mac will allow the changes to take effect.